Get your head start with a Certificate 3 Guarantee
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Program is a Queensland Government initiative aimed at improving work prospects for eligible Queenslanders. Under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program students may have their qualification partially or wholly subsidised depending on eligibility.
Students who have graduated from the Certificate 3 Guarantee program will be required to undertake an Employer Survey 3 months after completion.
What can I study?
A range of certificate III level qualifications are subsidised under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program, and in some circumstances lower level vocational qualifications and foundation skills training may also be subsidised.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee program you must meet the following criteria;
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or a New Zealand Citizen
- 15 years of age or older and no longer at school
- Not currently enrolled in, or do not already hold, a post-school Certificate III or higher qualification (some exceptions apply – please call us to check your eligibility)
What subsidies are available?
The level of government subsidy available to you may vary depending on the type of course you undertake and the training provider you choose.
Students will be required to pay a co-contribution fee depending on the level of subsidy provided. This fee may be paid by yourself, your employer, or another third party.
Recent Queensland year 12 graduates may be eligible for fee free training.
It is important to understand that the subsidised funding is being provided for one qualification only. You are advised to investigate the course provider and course particulars to make an informed choice about using the subsidised funding for the course on offer. You must attend the information session for this purpose.
Further concessional rates may be available to the following participants;
- Health Care Concession Card holders (and their partner or dependants)
- Pensioner Concession Card Holders (and their partner or dependants)
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander persons
Find more information about concessional student status in the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program Policy.
For more information about the Certificate 3 Guarantee program visit the Queensland GovernmentStudent Fact Sheet