CHCSS00097 Individual Support – Aging Skill Set – Caloundra
Individual Support: Ageing Skill Set is best suited to experienced support workers looking to build on the skills acquired from their work role or looking to formalise those skills.
The course provides the additional skills and knowledge you need to enter supervisory roles and provide care to people with more complex requirements. At the completion of this skills set, the learner should be able to:
- apply the best practices to help an older person achieve his dreams and aspirations.
- demonstrate skills to how best to provide extra support for people living with dementia
- select and carry out appropriate strategies to ensure the daily care needs of a person is met
Pathways from the course
These units provide credit towards a range of qualifications in the CHC Community Services Training Package including the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
Why a skill set?
A skill set is one or more competencies grouped together to give you the skills and knowledge to perform practical tasks.
Course Duration: Four (4) weeks
- Online Class* – From February 15th, 2021 from 9.00am to 12.30pm
- Practical Workshop – Every Friday from 12.30pm to 3.00pm
* Sessions are recorded and can be accessed by students at a later time
Blended (online learning and assessment with one (1) practical workshop day on Campus)
9 George Street, Caloundra
Students will be able to access their online learning materials once they finalise their enrolment process, and all outstanding fees are paid. Students are expected to attend Intensive sessions and be assessed in the workplace to complete this skill set.
Subsidised Under High Level Skill Funding
Per Unit: $50
Total Price: $200