Get Ahead With Employability Skills Training - Now Online!
In these challenging times due to coronavirus we are adapting our delivery of training from the classroom to online, so you can use this time of ‘social distancing’ to further your education and get job-ready.
STEPS’ holistic approach to course delivery focuses on adaptability, and assisting participants to break down barriers to employment.
We pride ourselves on the success we have had in helping jobseekers learn, grow, and achieve long term employment and, we are committed to ensuring we provide these opportunities in these changing times.
STEPS Employability Skills Training may help you get the skills you need for the job you want.
- Gain confidence and build communication skills
- Connect with employment opportunities
- Learn job search and interview techniques
- Develop work-related behaviours
- Plan your career exploring options
- Access support and mentorship
About EST online:
- Supported Zoom sessions twice daily with a trainer
- Self-paced interactive eLearning
- Skilled trainers to customise delivery to meet individual needs
- Online courses run Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 9am to 4pm and Friday 9am to 3pm = 25 hours per week / 75 hours per block
- Relevant content to address barriers to employment and local labour market needs
What you need:
- A working device or laptop
- EST online works well on most mobile phones
- Access to the internet and a working email account
If you live in the following areas you can access the course:
- Wide Bay / Sunshine Coast
- Townsville including Mt Isa
- Darwin & Alice Springs
- Hobart & Southern Tasmania
The course may help you to:
- Take part in activities and projects aimed at developing core work skills
- Boost your understanding of what employers in your local area are looking for
- Get ready for work with training that will get you on track to achieving your goals
- Learn a diverse range of skills
Young people aged between 15-24 years may be eligible for FREE* Employability Skills Training (EST) as part of the Australian Government Youth Jobs PaTH initiative.
Speak to your jobactive or call us on 1300 886 062 about FREE* Employability Skills Training today.
*Eligibility criteria applies
Funding has been provided by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment.