Get Ahead With Employability Skills Training
STEPS Employability Skills Training may help you get the skills you need for the job you want.
- Gain confidence and build communication skills
- Connect with local employers
- Learn job search and interview techniques
- Develop work-related behaviours
- Plan your career exploring options
- Support and mentorship from Youth Employment Industry Panel members
Our course is designed in consultation with local employers and is inspired by practical activities for real world skills. Using a combination of nationally accredited training and non-accredited course work, we offer customised training to suit individual needs.
STEPS Education & Training offer Employability Skills Training in locations Australia Wide. Get in touch for courses starting near you.
Currently running in Cairns, Darwin, Gympie, Townsville, Alice Springs, Hobart, Sunshine Coast & Wide Bay.
Choose a study option from 2 Training Blocks
Training Block 1
Gain pre-employment skills and build your understanding of what employers in your local area are looking for when it comes to hiring new staff. You will take part in activities and projects aimed at developing your 10 core skills for work.
Training Block 2
Get ready for work with training that will get you on track to achieving your work and career goals. Learn a diverse range of skills focused on;
- Job preparation
- Job search skills
- Career planning and development
- Interview skills
- Employer networking
- Industry awareness experiences
- Face to Face classes available in specific areas
- Interactive learning Face to Face
- Skilled trainers to customise delivery to meet individual needs
- Classroom blocks run Monday to Friday for 25 hours a week (4 days a week) for 3 weeks
- Relevant content to address barriers to employment and local labour market needs
Cluster 1 – Navigate the world of work
- Manage career and work life
- Work with roles, rights and protocols
Cluster 2 – Interact with others
- Communicate for work
- Connect and work with others
- Recognise and utilise diverse perspectives
Cluster 3 – Get the work done
- Plan and organise
- Make decisions
- Identify and solve problems
- Create and innovate
- Work in a digital world
If you’re aged between 15-24 years you may be eligible for FREE* Employability Skills Training (EST) as part of the Australian Government Youth Jobs PaTH initiative. STEPS EST will help you gain an understanding of what employers want when it comes to employing staff, as well as learn skills that meet local industry needs.
Speak to your jobactive or call us on 1300 886 062 about FREE* Employability Skills Training today.
*Eligibility criteria applies
Funding has been provided by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment through the Youth Jobs PaTH Industry Pilot initiative