|What is Youth Connections?
Youth Connections is a program that helps young people overcome barriers such as personal, social or educational problems so they can complete their education, access training or find employment that is right for them.
Who is eligible?
Young people aged between 12 and 19 who are Australian citizens, permanent residents or on a humanitarian visa who are:
- Struggling at school
- Finding it all too intense
- Thinking about leaving school but not sure what to do
- Have left school in the last 12 months without completing Year 12, are not doing alternative training or are not working
- Are finding it hard to make the move from school to further education, training or employment.
How can Youth Connections help?
- Assist you to increase your self-reliance, overcome barriers and achieve your goals
- Support you to successfully complete your studies or training in your chosen field
- Link you with other support services and help you to utilise Job Networks
- Help you with family problems and become involved in your community
- Develop good social skills and make positive life changes
- Improve your health and well-being.
No matter what problem you are facing, STEPS Youth Connections is there to help you work through them. Someone who cares will show you the way.
How to find out more
- Talk to a Youth Connections person
- Talk to a School Guidance Officer, Chaplain, Vocational Education Officer or Teacher
- Talk to Centrelink